COMPACT PAYOUT – 1 ST $ 1,000 ~ 2 ND $ 400 ~ 3 RD $ 300 ~ 4 TH $ 200 ~ 5 TH $ 100
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ONLY
1) Must be powered by four- or six-cylinder engine.
2) Wheelbase must be 108 inches or less. NO EXCEPTIONS! NO moving/bending a stock or aftermarket component to shorten wheel base.
3) No four-wheel drive vehicles.
4) MANDATORY! All four/six-cylinder cars must have a cage. Four point minimum.
5) Stock gas tank MUST be removed. A METAL BOAT TANK OR HOMEMADE METAL TANK must be mounted in rear seat area and bolted down with metal straps. NO PLASTIC TANKS!!!
Battery and gas tank must be tight when coming through inspection line or you wont be inspected.
6) All lines under car must be steel lines or if running rubber lines, they must be inside of the car.
7) If OEM bumper had no bolts bumper homemade bumper brackets may go six (6) inches from back side of bumper.
8) No pipe over struts.
9) No kickers
10) No aftermarket or homemade extreme cradle/pullet protector
11) Cars previously run in Demolition Derby may install new front clip. Any clip may be used on any car, MUST be installed in stock manner. Officials MUST approve installation.
12) All glass, side windows, rear windows, headlights and taillights, must be removed before reaching racetrack. Rolling down windows is not permitted. Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons. Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris.
13) Rear seat of sedan must be removed, top and bottom. On station wagons all seats and decking must be removed. Station wagons must be emptied to floorboards. All cars must be swept clean, both drivers compartment and trunk. No spare tires, broken glass, or trash, etc., allowed in cars.
14) Cars must have a seat belt and working brakes. MANDATORY!!
15) You can carry a fire extinguisher, but it must be mounted securely and free of movement.
16) Battery may be moved, but must be securely fastened and covered in passenger compartment. MAXIMUM OF TWO AUTOMOBILE TYPE BATTERIES ALLOWED.
17) Any type automotive radiator may be used but must be mounted in stock position. NO RESERVE TANKS. A radiator cradle is allowed made of 1/8” metal 1” wider than the radiator. Bolted only to car and nothing in front of the radiator. AFTERMARKET OR HOME MADE RADIATOR CRADLE.
Front rad. screen max. Thickest 3/8” thick, bolted or 4 1” welds.
18) Fenders may be bolted together with 3/8-inch bolts or smaller with 3/8 inch or smaller washers only. A maximum of 10 bolts per fender.
19) All doors may be welded (Outside of body only), chained or wired. Straps cannot be larger than ¼” thick and 4 inches wide on door shell (vertical) and 2 inches wide on window frame.
You may beat top of doors down and may tack them in three places with a maximum of 1” weld each.
20) No doubling of body panels allowed; no added metal allowed.
21) Patching floorboards, if you have to patch rusty floorboards you must cut out all the rust, overlap no more than 1” with same thickness as body material and sheet metal screws – no more than one every 4”. No Welding to floorboards or firewall.
22) You may crease/enhance sheet metal body panels but do not fold and weld. No extra metal may be added.
23) NO OTHER BODY WELDS OTHER THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE. THIS INCLUDES BODY SEAMS ANYWHERE ON THE CAR.
24) ALL SUNROOFS MUST BE COVERED WITH A THIN SHEET OF METAL, I.E. WELED OR BOLTED (WITH BOLT HEAD INSIDE THE CAR) OR RIVETED. No #9 wire or chain to accomplish this will be allowed.
HOODS AND TRUNKS
MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION! So, don’t come to inspection line with hood bolted down….
1) HOODS: must have two (2) holes, at least four (4) inches in diameter on each side of carburetor – Not directly on top of carburetor. IF HOOD IS REMOVED, EITHER FAN BLADE MUST BE REMOVED OR FAN BELT MUST BE CUT.
2) NO SECOND ALL THREAD WELDED TO SIDE OF THE FRAME AND RAN THROUGH THE AT MID POINT OF THE HOOD.
3) On all cars, hoods, trunks, and tailgates may be secured with the following method: on front of car, two pieces of 1 inch all thread, NO SLEEVING, can have a 4” or less spacer free floating or welded between core support and frame, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8-inch-thick, all threads MUST be mounted outboard of the radiator. In addition to all threads, six (6) 1-inch O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8-inch-thick, or you may use angle iron back to back with a bolt through it. Angle iron cannot be more than 3/16 thick or longer than 6 inches. Three on each side of car, a total of six. Total of 6 bolts and 2 up front all threads holding the hood down and any amount of wire or cable. All wire, or cable MUST be mounted outboard of radiator. A maximum of 20 bolts 3/8 inch or smaller are allowed to bolt together hood seams.
1) 4 pieces of 5/8 inch all thread, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, all threads may be mounted through deck lid and frame anywhere in trunk, can be welded to the frame or in body mount holes. In addition to all threads, you may weld trunk 5 on 5 off, Straps should not be larger than ¼” thick or 4 inches wide or six (6) 1-inch O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8-inch-thick, or 10 3/8” bolts in the drip rail, not both one or the other and any amount of wire or cable. If trunk is welded must have a 12” hole in trunk lid. On station wagons two pieces of 1 inch all thread, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8-inch-thick, all threads may be used in the rear through roof and stock body mount replacing existing bolt.
1) Weld 5 on 5 off, Straps should not be larger than ¼” thick or 4 inches wide or six (6) 1-inches O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, and any amount of wire or cable. YOU CAN WELD WASHERS (no bigger than 5/8 washer and must be at least 12” apart) TO THE BODY TO RUN WIRE THROUGH.
2) No carburetor protector outside the intake area or DP.
3) You may have rear window bar 2”X2”X1/4” MAX. IN SIZE, 6” max. on roof 4”X4”X1/4” FLAT PLATE TO ATTACH TO THIS BAR TOP AND BOTTOM and must be centered on front side drip rail on trunk no further back or forward (2” on each side). Weld to the strapping on your trunk. There must be 6” minimum distance (gap) from the top of this bar on the roof and halo bar…. This is the only location allowed for this bar.
1) All body mount bolts may be replaced with 1/2-inch O.D. bolts with a stamped washer. Do not take them out and place body on frame. If replaced, a gap of 1” minimum is mandatory between body and frame. You may replace with a stack of washers, or one piece of anything solid, as long as it is about the same diameter as the factory bushing. Do NOT crush factory body bushings. Body mount bolts inside passenger compartment that are close together may have one washer six (6) inches x twelve (12) inches, must have two (2) or more body mount bolts through washer. You may add two (2) additional body mount bolts per side inside passenger compartment. All all-threads MUST have nut on top and bottom and NO welds.
2) A minimum of one chain or wire running from the outside (top) of roof down to the cowl or BAR DOWN TO DASH BAR OF CAGE on the front window is MANDATORY for safety. Maximum of two. IF YOU HAVE A PASSENGER MUST HAVE
3) IF USING METAL STRAPS MAX. SIZE 2” WIDE X ¼” THICK, 12” ID APART. CAN GO TO FRONT DASH BAR OR COWL THEN TO TOP LIP AREA OF WINDSHIELD ONLY.
CAGE AND HALO BARS
1) All driver and passenger doors may be reinforced. You should have a six (6)-point cage, MININMUM OF A 4PT. CAGE. cross bars may be ran as follows, one across dash, one behind front seats, and one in rear seat area, 3 rd bar must stay inside of interior of rear drivers compartment, nothing past front of package tray. Nothing can be added to the bottom of this bar.
2) You can run four (4) down tubes, two (2) per side. 2 of these down tubes must mounted mandatory in the following way on each side, 1 down tube must be to flat part of the frame no further forward then the inner front door seam, with a max distance of 2’ from the same measuring point. Lower door bars are allowed between down tubes must be 6 inches or more above top of frame. NOTHING OUT OF DRIVERS’ COMPARTMENT. You can have steel plate between cage and front doors. Must be securely fastened to cage. Front bar must be mounted no more than 2” below the bottom of the front window seal and be no more than 4” in diameter. Must have 6” between front bar and center of firewall on a fresh car. Front bar cannot be attached to firewall at any time. ALL DOWN TUBES MUST BE BEHIND DASH BAR, STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN AND ON FLAT PART OF FRAME. CAN NOT GO TO BODY MOUNT BOXES. NO KICKERS TO REAR HUMPS. NOTHING OUT OF REAR DRIVERS COMPARTMENT. You cannot weld anything to front bar protruding toward the distributor protector. No grater blades, metal plates or tubing on exterior of body (driver & passenger doors). DP can’t touch dash bar during or at the end of the derby or you will be disqualified.
3) Halo bars are allowed. Can be attached to bar behind your seat or could be run to the frame but it would be counted as one of your down tubes. There must be 6” minimum distance (gap) from halo bar and the top of your rear window bar…. Nothing can be attached to halo bar.
4) This is not mandatory but we encourage everyone to put a steel plate between cage and front driver and passenger doors. Thickness of metal is up to driver. Must be securely attached to cage, must be 2” off of floor, this is for protection not reinforcement.
1) DO NOT REWELD ENGINE CROSS MEMBER SEAMS OR ANY OTHER BRACKETS ATTACHED TO FRAME OR SHEET METAL under hood or trunk. NO CONCRETE!!! DO NOT WELD FACTORY HOLES UP; ALL FACTORY HOLES MUST BE OPEN FOR INSPECTION OF FRAME.
2) You cannot alter frame in any way other than specified in rules. Do not crease or reshape frame.
3) You may run one (1) wire or chain from frame rail to frame rail underneath back of car behind back tires/wheels.
4) You may put a bolt with a stamped flat washer thru frame to hold it together. Only one (1) per wheel opening must be loose during inspection. DO NOT weld washer. (Pinning of frame)
5) You may notch the frame for minimal pre-bending, but do NOT weld the cut.
6) If changing front stub, cut 3 inches behind second cross member bolt hole. When replacing, can overlap 2 ½”, able to weld both sides, but no adding extra metal. Must be of the same make and model.
7) If restubbing one side of the frame, you are allowed to cut and fit the new frame flush and weld one pass all the way around (butt – fit – weld). Must be of the same make and model.
8) All trailer hitches MUST be totally removed.
9) 2020 THIS INCLUDES MINI’S: If running a used car prior to this derby, you are allowed 4 patch plates max. Size 4”x4”x1/4”. Must be painted a bright color. So, it is easily noticed for the inspectors. AFTER INSPECTION OR HEATS NO WELDING THESE PLATES ON. IF ADDITIONAL PLATES ARE FOUND AFTER INSPECTION – NO MONEY WILL PAID OUT.
10) Attachment of lower front sub frame to body, can use only chain 3/8” or smaller, can weld the links at each end for attachment points. But on a used/preran car you can use a metal strap, but each one counts toward/as your patch plates.
11) No plates on fresh cars to fix/patch rust holes, unless it’s a preran/used car then follow patch plate rule.
1) Any OEM shock canister may be bolted or welded to any car. AMOUNTS OF BOLTS OR WELDS MAY NOT EXCEED TYPICAL STOCK INSTALLATION. Homemade bumper brackets are permitted, NO GUSSETS OR BRACING. NOT TO EXTEND BEHIND OEM MOUNTING BOLT LOCATION ON FRAME. May use 2½” max. Round or square tubing. No thicker than ¼ inch. No solid stock may be used. This can only extend into the frame a max. of 8”. Will be drilled at 8 ¼” measured from the front edge of the frame on every car. Any OEM stock automobile bumper may be bolted or welded to the shock canister or bumper brackets. You may use two (2) pieces of light chain per shock. Fenders and bumper ends mmay be trimmed to allow for wheel clearance.
2) Front bumper may be reinforced inside or behind and end to end. Must have chrome on the outer part of the bumper from any OEM bumper shaped to fit. You may weld outer chrome of bumper to inner skin of bumper. Nothing else can be welded to outer chrome. You cannot alter angle of bumper. Anything coming out of bumper during race will be cause for disqualification. 11” of point and must contour from frame to frame and must be stock appearing on pointy bumpers. (the curve of point must start at each frame)
3) You may have 6” long 4” wide x 1/4 thick bumper support bracket, butt fit against bumper or onto bumper. If you’re running a preran and choice to put your extra. 4 by 4 1/4; plate up front there must be at least a 1/8” gap between the 2 plates. Any questions please call.
1) Stiffness of suspension will be left up to the discretion of the driver. NO OTHER METAL ADDED!
2) Homemade tie rods and homemade steering shaft are permitted.
3) No pipe over struts
4) No front bumper straps to core support or all thread
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1) ANY ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION MAY BE USED IN ANY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR, BUT MUST BE MOUNTED IN A STOCK POSITION 4 or 6 CYLINDER ONLY.
2) Chained, welded, or homemade motor mounts will be permitted, but must meet approval of officials.
3) At motor mount to sub-frame your allowed 2 per side of motor mount a 2”x3”x1/4” plate on its side welded to frame and engine cradle.
4) Any type of header is allowed, but must be directed away from driver compartment.
5) Transmission oil coolers and engines oil coolers are permitted. Inspection personnel must approve all mountings, lines, and fittings.
6) Skid plates are allowed. Must be separate oil/transmission plates. No full-length skid plates. No bolting or welding to frame.
7) Distributor protectors are allowed. Cannot be any wider than 12” and must not protrude more than 2” from transmission mounting surface on back of engine block. Must be attached to engine or transmission mounting bolts.
8) No aftermarket or homemade extreme cradle/pullet protector
9) No carburetor protector outside the intake area or DP. *No aftermarket or homemade attachments to rad. Core support or fire wall. Nothing outside of the normal/factory type attachment points.
10) You may beat flat the engine side of the firewall only, do not weld or bolt firewall. Do not re-enforce the firewall/cowl. Do not beat, paint, bolt, weld on, weld to or modify the driver’s side of the firewall/cowl in any way.
11) Transmission protectors are allowed. MUST FLOAT OVER CROSSMEMBER
12) Must have stock/OEM cross member
1) Stock gas tank MUST be removed. A METAL BOAT TANK OR HOMEMADE METAL TANK must be mounted in rear seat area and bolted down with metal straps. Other types of installations will not be allowed. NO GAS CANS with hoses duct taped. A Marine (boat) tank or an official approved homemade tank is mandatory. All tanks MUST be covered with a rubber cover. All tanks MUST have secure cap. All lines and fittings MUST be leak proof and meet approval of Officials. Electric fuel pumps are permitted but MUST have shut-off within reach of driver. NO MORE THAN ten (10) GALLONS OF GAS IN TANK.
2) NO PLASTIC TANKS, unless in a wooden box 1” thick minimum or a metal box ¼” minimum. All sides except top side. This also goes for if your using a metal boat tank.
3) Mounted in center of the back-side area. FOR THE MINI-CAR DERBY CLASS, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MOVE THE STOCK GAS TANK INTO THE BACK-SEAT AREA.
1) Factory rear end, REMEMBER FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ONLY. You may tilt rear end by shortening or lengthening rear end control arms. Trailing arms may be reinforced.
2) Any drive shaft or U joint may be used. Welding of drive shaft is permitted.
3) No extra metal added. Any bracket that shows reinforcement to the frame will not be allowed. JUDGES HAVE FINAL DECISION.
1) Only sixteen (16) inch or smaller tires and wheels will be allowed. NO SPLIT RIMS ALLOWED.
2) Valve stem protectors, liquid in tires permitted or screws in rims to hold tires in place permitted.
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
PSA: I will have both a frame scope and drill in the tech line if you don’t want caught, don’t bring it!!!!
THERE ARE CHANGES MADE PLEASE READ THE CHANGES BELOW DON’T ABUSE THEM OR YOU WON’T RUN!!! THIS IS LIKELY TO BE THE LAST SHOW OF 2020, SO LETS MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!!!