November 13, 2021
Printable Event Flyer -> HERE
Amendments to Rules – ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!!
Brownstown 2021 here it is everyone. Due to me not being able to get off work this year, Jake Helmuth my head tech will be taking this show and running it for me. As bad as I wanted to do it, sometimes life is what it is. Jake is one of the most fair and honest tech guys I could ask for. Just a forewarning he’s equally as quick as I am and will bust you out and send you packing. There’s your warning. Everything will be the same as last year with some minor changes. This is going to be a long post you’ll manage. If you’ve got any questions message Jake he’ll take care of you. Be mindful he’s got a job and family just like 99% of you so be patient with timing on replies, maybe re-read the rules before asking that question.
Please read carefully. Drivers registration must be completed and entry fee paid BEFORE your car will be inspected!! If car does not pass inspection or a driver is unwilling to change the car to pass inspection, absolutely no refunds!!! All rules will be followed or you will not run! If it does not say it in the rules – don’t just assume you can do it. CALL FIRST!!!!
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY AND SPECTATOR ADMITTANCE.
1. Pit gate opens at 8:00 am DERBY starts at 3:00 pm power wheels for the kids will start at 2 and run until the batteries are dead.
2.Inspections will be under the pavillion with the concrete base just outside of the pits on the west side of the track. DRIVERS ON YOUR WAY TO TECH STOP AT THE LITTLE WHITE SHED AND REGISTER YOUR CAR PRIOR TO TECH!!! Please idle through to tech and idle back and STAY INSIDE OF THE CAUTION TAPE WITH YOUR CAR!!!! Pit passes are $20 and car registration is an additional $35. Classes will be Semi Stock 1980 & newer, Compacts, and Mini vans and small trucks!
NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE DUE TO FAILURE TO MEET REGULATIONS!!!!
Mini Van & Small Trucks
Unibody mini vans only & mini trucks/suvs!!! This is a very basic gut and go class and you are ONLY ALLOWED TO DO WHAT IS SPECIFIED!!
1) 4pt cage is required, small gas tank protectors are ok, but must only be doingv that: protecting your gas tank, cagemust be chained or wired or welded in to the van in a minimum of 4 places!!! SECURE YOUR CAGE WELL I DON’T WANT ANYONE GETTING HURT!!
2) Stock gas tank must be removed and relocated inside the driver’s compartment or run any metal tank so long as the stock tank is REMOVED. All fuel lines must be re-run so that nothing is hanging underneath the van.
3) Battery must be relocated inside of the drivers compartment, preferably in the passenger floor board or somewhere where it does not have the potential of being hit, and must be secured.
4) Any front bumper may be welded on homemade or factory so long as is within a factory specification. Ex: If you run a pointy it must be within factory OEM specs of a Chrysler pointy. Don’t get crazy, just get something welded on and weld it on good, I don’t want to be picking up bumpers off the track!!
5) Any tires are fine, small weld in centers are ok, valve stem protectors are okay. Nothing else.
6) You must have working brakes, and a seatbelt!!!
7) ALL doors, hood and tailgate must be Chained or Wired shut!! If doors are welded no more than 16″ of 1×2″ wide flat strap pieces for the entire door!! That’s 16- 1″x2″ pieces of material to weld with per door, that’s plenty to keep doors shut!
8) Feel free to spray foam electronics.
9) Hoods must have 2 6X6, square holes cut in them in case of a fire!!!!
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ONLY
PSA: I will have both a frame scope and drill in the tech line if you don’t want caught, don’t bring it!!!!
THERE ARE CHANGES MADE PLEASE READ THE CHANGES BELOW DON’T ABUSE THEM OR YOU WON’T RUN!!! THIS IS LIKELY TO BE THE LAST SHOW OF 2021, SO LETS MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!!!
Amendment to Brownstown 2021 Clean up rules:
Firstly due to an issue with this happening at the last demo, ABSOLUTELY NO WELDING AFTER TECH!!! I WILL have someone walking around checking that this is not happening throughout the day, if it happens you will be immediately disqualified, there will be NO REFUND OF ANY SORT AND YOU WILL NOT RUN!!!! The only thing that should be happening after you get a stick is fluids checked, batterys charged and your chin strap being tightened!!!
Semi Stock Cars: ANY year car, no imps, suicide doors, lemos, or ambulances:
Since I’m allowing old iron this year, 02 and older fords you may cut the front tab ONLY (this means if you roll through tech with 3 of the tabs cut you will get loaded immediately no questions asked no further tech your going to the trailer with no stick period.) and pitch your car at the boxes, You may weld the tab back to the frame. 03+ Fords you may NOT COLD BEND OR PITCH IN ANY MANNER, YOU WILL BE LOADED IF THIS IS FOUND. You MAY convert your steering, but you MUST convert it in a factory manner. You may use a bolt on ski style gear box plate, or sleeves. Don’t get carried away with sleeve size or you will lose material and you won’t like it. 80’s Gms you will get a 4″x10″x1/4″ hump plate. Nothing else may be added other than specified for any of these cars.\
To those of you who want to complain about the 03’s getting to convert steering: GET OVER IT!! They ran it like this last year, it was posted last year and guess what you showed up to both shows and never once said a word so I don’t want to hear your complaints now. Obviously they aren’t what you are cracking them up to be, because I have yet to see one place top 3!
1.) One 4″X6″X1/4″ flat plate per frame rail to aid in mounting the front and back bumper. This is strictly to aid in keeping your bumpers on, I do not want to be picking up bumpers off the track, so weld them on good. If you abuse this rule you will cut the entire plate off no questions asked.
2.) All pre ran cars are allowed to either have a 1″ tall steel body spacer OR you may run the factory rubber spacer and REMOVE the steel inner from the rubber puck, the rubber puck MUST still be used between the body and frame. This is being done to better even the playing field for cars that are already built and have ran and cars that are part way through the build and are too far to turn back on their build by removing the body.
3.) Pre ran cars will get 10 patch plates, fresh cars will get 6 patch plates.
4.) Due to an issue last year with this. Only factory sway bars and sway bar mounts may be used, anything else will be cut totally off and there will be a 1″ hole blew completely through the frame at the mounting location!!!
PRE RAN cars are allowed 10 total plates 4″X4″X1/4″ or you may use a 3″x5″x1/4″. You may ONLY use one of the two sizes, once you choose a size all 10 plates must be that size!! Ex: if you use one 4×4 to fix a side rail, one on the box and one on the horn then the other 7 plates must be 4×4!! CHOOSE A SIZE AND MAKE THEM ALL THE SAME SIZE!
FRESH CARS you get the same rules as pre ran regarding plates, but you only get 6 plates to use!!!
You are allowed to bend, fold, and form these plates any way you see fit but all patches must remain on the OUTSIDE of the frame. If you cut your patch plate into pieces, you lose what you cut and can only use one piece. one plate cannot be turned into more than just one plate. NONE of these plates should be inside of your frame!! IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITH PLATES, or PINS INSIDE YOUR FRAME YOU WILL BE LOADED NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO CHANCE TO CUT SO DON’T DO IT!!!
PRE RAN FRAME REPAIR: I’ve had several questions on fixing frames ex: passenger horn being destroyed… he’s what I will allow…..
1.) Re-horn or re-frame piece- must be FORD TO FORD GM TO GM: butt fit frame sections with 3/8″ or small weld all the way around. No added metal other than the weld (if you put a metal backing behind the seam you will be loaded no questions asked, no chance to cut, no added metal means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!)
2) re-stub- FORD TO FORD GM TO GM: cut the old frame out under the doors behind the factory crossmember tab. You can slide the new frame into the side rails 2″. Drill a 3/8″ hole at the 2″ mark on the side rail, your new frame section may go to the hole no further back. Weld 4 sides only on the outside, weld should be 3/8″ sized no larger.
3.) Guys with problems behind the humps or rear frame sections broke off… same method of fixing as horns, cut off old frame, butt fit new frame with a single 3/8″ weld around.
4.) If you have frame sections that are giving up and your not wanting to reframe the car, I will allow frame creasing from the HUMPS BACK… ABSOLUTELY NO CREASING THE HORNS!!! If your frame is creased crossmember forwards be ready to put a patch plate over the creased location because it better have been bent in that spot and its creased from you straightening the car. If it’s creased crossmember forwards and it’s not a repair made with a patch plate be prepared to load it back on the trailer.
5.) Core support spacer may be a 6″ spacer!!
6.) TOP 3 CARS WILL BE RE-TECHED POST DEMO SO DRIVERS STAY BY YOUR CARS, TELL YOUR CREW TO STAY BACK, I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYONE BUT THE DRIVERS AND MY CREW ON THE TRACK!!!!! IF YOUR NOT A DRIVER AND YOUR CAUGHT ON THE TRACK YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY ESCORTED OFF THE PREMISES!!!
1.) Pre ran cars are allowed 10-4x4x1/4″ patches along with a 12″x4″x1/4″ bumper plate. If the plate is inside the frame you must have a 1/2″ inspection hole drilled immediately behind it to have a scope slid into.
2.) I will allow a simple header protector, dont get overly creative, just protect your investment. This is NOT the go ahead to create a kicker for the firewall, so again DON’T get creative!
3) I will allow 2- 3/8″ chains, OR 2″ FLAT STAP 1/4″ THICK one the drivers side and one on the passenger side with 2 links welded to the unibody OR IF USING FLAT STRAP YOU MAY ONLY WELD 1″ OF IT TO THE UNIBODY AND FRAME, and 2 links welded to the sub frame in order to join the two together. Must run vertically, DO NOT ABUSE THIS OR YOU WILL LOSE IT!!!! I’M DOING THIS BECAUSE I HAD PROBABLY 90% OF YOU GUYS WITH THIS DONE, AND IT WAS REQUESTED, SO AGAIN DON’T ABUSE IT OR YOU LOSE IT!!!!
4.) You may run tubing as engine mounts, but the tubing must remain hollow!! This means do NOT cap the ends!! Also you may not mount the engine/k-member solid, there must be a factory sizedgap between them where the factory mount was!!! This rules is being added due to the fact that 95% of the cars last year had to cut their engine mounts because y’all think tubing is an aftermarket mount. It’s not, but here you go I’ve paid attention and made it fair across the board!! No more cutting for those who listen, if you cap your mount you’ll lose the cap and 1 complete side of the tubing. Don’t push it.
5. You may have 2 pieces of up to 1/2″ all thread welded to your spring tower 4″ in order to hold the hood down. If you weld more than 4″ be prepared to cut it off and lose some of your tower with it. These two hood bolt locations may have up to a 3x3x1/4 plate one standard flat washer and one nut to secure hood in addition to what’s already allowed
Mini Vans & Trucks
1.) Your allowed 10-4x4x1/4″ patch plates if pre ran
2.) You may chain your rear end down with 1 piece of 3/8″ on the driver’s and passenger side. Keep it simple, just get it chained, absolutely NO tubing my be used in order to chain rear end. USE ONLY THE CHAIN AND BOLT ALLOWED!!!
3.) Vans may crease from the back window to the back bumper, trucks you may crease from 6″ in front of the rear axle to the back bumper, outer sheetmetal only and no laying quarters flat!!! If you are found to have went excessive your only choice will be to stand it upright, push it out or cut it totally off!!
1.) Your allowed 10-4″x6″x1/4″ patch plates on pre ran cars per frame side!!!! That is 10 on the driver’s side and 10 on the passenger side!!!
2.) Kickers may be ran flush up against the back of the a-arms, but MUST NOT BE WELDED TO THE A-ARMS!!!! WELDED TO THE FRAME ONLY!!!!
3.) I am going to allow ANY spindle, but your front bumper Must NOT exceed 30″ to the top of the front bumper, YES I AM GOING TO CHECK THIS WILL BE ABOUT THE ONLY THING CHECKED OTHER THAN SAFETY!!
4.) I am going to be LENIENT with this class on getting cars fixed, I want to see a good turn out on this class with how much plate your being allowed!!!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT JAKE!!!!! I WOULD RATHER ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND GIVE YOU A STICK AT THE TRACK THAN YOU NOT ASK AND I LOAD YOU BECAUSE YOU GOT CARRIED AWAY!!!! THIS IS A CLEAN UP SHOW, JAKE WILL WORK WITH GUYS ON THEIR CARS AND REPAIRS BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN ABUSE IT, YOU ABUSE IT YOU LOSE IT!!!!!!
Please call between 8am-5pm, if you call outside of this time frame I will not answer. Text any time between 8am-8pm. All messages received any other time of day will be answered as soon as Jake’s able to get to your message. Just because your working thirds, doesn’t mean Jake’s awake and want his kids woke up because your wanting to chat on the phone. Please be considerate, Jake will answer everyone and get back with you as soon as he’s up and going!!
Please fb message or look at Jake’s Facebook page for his phone number!!