These rules are only for the 2022 May Havoc Derby!!!!!!!
May 19-20th 2022. Inspections starts 5/18/21 at 10:00 am.
80 and newer $10,000 for 1st, 2nd $5,000, 3rd $3,000, 4th $2,000. 100 car limit.
$250 Entry Fee for 80 and newer stock class. Limited to 100 cars!!!
$50 per car entry with 1st place winning $2500
Mini Truck, SUV and van
$40 per car entry and 1st place winning $2000
Payment will be taken up to March 31, 2022 and can be paid via pay pal firstname.lastname@example.org. questions regarding payment can be emailed or 618-322-8105 (no questions regarding rules).
Camping available for water and power it will be $50 for the weekend
Tent or no hook up camping will be $30 for the weekend
$25 a day for passes or $50 for all three days
12-under will be $10 a day or $20 for all three days
Live Entertainment on Thursday evening
CAR MUST BE 1980 OR NEWER AND MUST BE FRESH!! ANY AMERICAN MADE SEDAN OR STATION WAGON
DO NOT READ ANYTHING INTO THESE RULES, JUST READ THE RULES!! If it doesn’t say you can, YOU CAN’T! NO GREY AREA!!!!
Or you will be loaded, your choice!
TOTAL SPACE AT CORE 3″ REGARDLESS OF COMBINATION, may be welded on bottom or top but not both. If welded on bottom, top washer ill be removed for inspection.
WASHERS FOR #9 WIRE ONLY NO OTHER PURPOSE
UPPER A-ARMS MAY BE WELDED WITH TWO 2×3×1/4 SQUARES PER ARM IF THEY ARE USED FOR ANYTHING BUT THIS THEY WILL BE CUT COMPLETELY OFF AND SUSPENSION WILL FLOAT!
BUMPERS~~ Point can NOT be more than 14 inches measured from the mounting surface to tip and must be minimum 32 inches wide at the base of the point so that the shape is very similar to a Chrysler point at most!!
DRIVER DOOR~~You will be allowed ONE plate MAX SIZE 1/4×6″ that must be mounted on the outside center of the door and can NOT pass the driver door seam more than 3 inches either side!! You will now be allowed 10 inches total on all passenger doors. DRIVER DOOR CAN BE WELDED SOLID USING ¼” STEEL
PATCH PLATES~~~ 4 total 4x4x1/4 TWO per rail after the heat
#9 WIRE~~ One place per window opening in the center of the car two wraps 4 strands with one 3/8 bolt per in the twist loop FRESH and an additional 10 spots 4 wraps 2 strands for repair once ran! No more unlimited for repair.
03^~~ Factory rack and pinion, no aftermarket or switching out steering components from older vehicles.
The bolt in metal assemblies used to mount the engine will still be allowed but can NOT tie to the frame in any way!!
DO NOT paint anywhere on suspension, frame, inside the body, or wheel wells…. we will not even inspect your car.
– Body component must be direct bolt up only.Must be factory hardware or equivalent in size
– Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons
-Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris
– No sedagons, ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming or
folding. This means with wire or otherwise all body panels must remain in stock location.
– Deck and Hood must be 100% in stock location.
– Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added
– Fasten trunks sheet metal to sheet metal only 6 places with #9 wire or chain plus the two 5/8 rods if trunk bolts are changed. Hoods get one hood clip 3 inch long 2×2×3/16 with one 1/2 inch bolt and nut per side 2-5/8 bolts total thru hood in firewall area and 2 core support rods any combination sheet metal to sheet metal only. ~~TRUNKS YOU MAY USE TWELVE 1×2×1/8 STRAPS PLUS 2 PLACES FOR #9 WIRE AND THE TWO 5/8 THREADED ROD IF YOU CHANGE TRUNK BODY MOUNTS, THESE 12 STRAPS MAY ONLY CONNECT FROM THE LID TO QUARTER TOP 4 PER CAR SIDE PLUS 4 ALONG THE SPEAKER DECK NOTHING BEYOND THE TUCK, INSIDE THE TRUNK, OR IN TAIL LIGHT AREA!!!! FASTEN TRUNKS BEFORE THE SHOW BUT A 10 INCH HOLE MUST BE CUT FOR INSPECTION!!! YOU MAY CHOSE THE WIRE OR WELD METHOD BUT NOT BOTH!! you may weld doors with 1/8″ material 10 inches total on each passenger door. Drivers door may be welded solid. Driver door may have a 6×1/4 plate on the outside center of door not to pass the seam either side by more than three inches. Do not weld hood except 4-1/2″ tack welds per washer 1″washers max and the two hood clips allowed no pre welding washers for #9 wire use period. IF YOUR WASHERS ARE USED FOR ANYTHING BUT WIRE WASHERS THEY WILL BE CUT OFF!!
you may add a 3″ long tube 2 inch outside diameter for core support spacer any larger will be cut out completely this means 3 inches of space TOTAL not 3″ of tube plus body pucks or other nuts washers etc…. if we feel the car has been tilted, cold bent, or otherwise you will be loaded!!! No strapping from the spacer to anywhere on the frame, core support, bumper, etc.
– if you choose to change your core support mounts with 2 of your threaded rod you get 3 plates1/4 thick 5×5 max OD 7 3/4 nuts 7 3″OD max 1/8 thick washers per threaded rod CORE SUPPORT ONLY
Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place.DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM, Exception You may change a total of 6 body bolts out, with 5/8″ threaded rod with 3 nuts, 3 5/8 store bought washers and 3 5×5 1/4″ thick plates per rod. These bolts cannot pass thru any cage material or anything other than the top side of the frame and top of the floor surface no exceptions. They must also be through an existing body mount no chosing holes and removing a body bolt!!! If you chose 3/4 rod may be used for the core support rods but they must be used for two of your hood bolts and the remaining 4 bolts must be 5/8. Must be straight vertical rod only, no bends or angle pieces. Must have 1 inch rubber or metal spacer no larger than stock body pucks and all bottom nuts must be inside frame. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod. Rusted out body bolts may be removed and replaced with a single strand of #9 wire.
– #9 wire or chain required in front windshield.
-Aftermarket brake and throttle pedal can not be bolted the frame or body mount bolts. must be mounted to the floor panel.
– You may dimple your rear frame rails in place of trunk notch only no hump creasing
– NO welding on frames allowed.
– you may change coil springs to a stiffer oem passenger car spring. Front springs in the front Rear in the rear no swapping locations.
– All suspension must remain stock. ZERO aftermarket parts. You may change upper A-arms to stamped steel from the cast arms on ford’s but ford upper arms and factory hardware must be used from the car being ran. This means cut the bar out of the arm and run individual bolts if the car you are running came that way. No Watts link conversion.
-Rear control arms may be changed but must be stock NO SHORTING %100 stock
– You may use (store bought spring spacers, no homemade spacers on top of the springs)
– You may use 3/8 chain and one 1/2″ bolt one wrap to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps.
– (2) 3/8 threaded rod two 3″wide straps bolted to core support with (2) 3/8 bolts per strap to hold radiator in.
– ANY drivetrain & transmission (manuals allowed no aftermarket bellhousings OEM only ) allowed with the following criteria.
– Aftermarket Engine Frame Mounts are Allowed if you use factory stock mounts then you can use two 1/2″ thick 6×6 spacers to raise engine. If you need more than 1/2 to raise engine to clear steering components, may not exceed rubber mount area.
– No tranny protectors, stock mounting only, stock cross members or 2 X 2 square tubing and must be straight.
– May use 2’’x 3’’x 6’’1/4 angle. If relocating (2- ½ bolts per side to mount to frame or weld to the side of frame
– You may weld rear end gears and mount tabs only.
– Rear end swaps allowed
– You may run 1 spot of #9 wire vertical from rear end to frame per side, nothing thru body. 4 loops, 8 strands together in center twist only or 3/8 chain.
– Floor shifters allowed, headers allowed, gas pedals and brakes. ALSO SOLID ROD STEERING COLUMNS ARE ALLOWED Clarification: none may strengthen car. 6x 5/8″ max bolts and 3″ washer max. Clutch pedal may be mounted to dash bar only.
– No skid plates, protectors of any kind, and no aftermarket parts of this nature at all.
-If you run an LS you may use conversion brackets 3/16 max thickness no gussets. to except an old style rubber frame mount. Plz call.
– You may run the chevy to ford engine mounts 3/16 max thickness no gussets.
– You may have 2-5/16 chains 1- per side attached from block or headers to engine frame mount not to frame
– You may swap engines, ie.. Chevy in a Ford.
– Slip shafts allowed
–DRIVERS COMPARTMENT :
– 5 point square cage only, Max cage material is 6 inches and front bar must be 5 inches from the firewall and the rear seat bar must be 6 inches from package tray or speaker deck. You may have on down tube to the frame 12 inches behind frond dash bar and the down bar can not exceed 2”x4” in diameter.
– Halo bar allowed (2)1/2 bolts with 1/2 washers to attach to roof, only to the back seat bar or sidebars, not to floor. Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar but must be 6 inches from rear sheet metal. We will not allow rear seat areas or wagons to be filled in the back seat area with a gas tank protector!! This is a mount only!!
– Drivers door must be padded and a 6×1/4 plate added to the outside or inside center of the door not to pass the seams either side by more than three inches.
– Gas tank and max two batteries must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Batteries centered in the passenger front floor using the box or boxes to strengthen the floor will get you loaded.
– Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car.
– Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4 point cage area. Or on cage must be tight to cage if mounted on back bar.
– you may weld rear bumper strait to frame or follow the rules for the front bumper if using a shock.
– You may weld on any bumper, (must apear automotive and no points beyond factory spec see new rule)you may weld bumper bracket(in factory location) to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, in addition you may put 4 one inch welds on back side of bumper bracket or to weld shock inside frame(example Crown Vics). No straps to the core sport or core sport spacers.
You may shorten up to an inch in front of the core support to be hard nosed if you hard nose no shock allowed inside the frame.
– Or you may chain, 2 piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper. YOU MAY HARDNOSE OLD IRON ALSO BUT NO BRACKET OR SHOCK USED AT ALL ONLY WELD A SINGLE PASS TO BUMPER MAX 1/2 INCH WIDE AND THE ONLY FRAME CUTTING YOU CAN DO IS SQUARE THE END FOR BUMPER FIT NO WELDING 4 INCHES BACK IF YOU CHOSE THIS METHOD.
– Any tire wheel combo bead locks are allowed in the bead area only. BraMkes MUST work.
Only welding allowed is doors, bumper, engine mount, cage and rear end gears! This build should only take 3 days, if you spend more than that you are probably overbuilt for this class and will not run!
JUDGES DECISION ARE FINAL
AFTER INSPECTION YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE TRIP BACK THROUGH INSPECTION. SO MAKE SURE ALL REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED BEFORE RETURNING. IF NOT YOU WILL BE LOADED WITH NO REFUNDS!!!!
Cars will be impounded after passing inspection.
Pre-Ran Cars are allowed 2 -4”X4”x ¼ patch plate. Two per frame rail
Limited to only 4 or 6 cylinder engines
108” FWD and 106” RWD maximum wheel base
No shortening of cars to obtain wheel base limits
If 4X4 or all wheel drive cars are used, front or rear driveshaft, axle shaft, etc must be removed
Batteries must be located in the car and covered. Two batteries are allowed
Must have working seat belt
You are only allowed one time back through inspection
No body seam welding
No doubling of body panels
May use 10 3/8 bolts around each fender well only, none can go through frame
Must us 3 inches by ¼ steel to weld doors, 6 inches on and 6 inches off. DRIVER DOOR CAN BE WELDED SOLID.
Must have 8” by 8” hole in the trunk for inspection
Front windshield bar is mandatory, can you use chain, wire or flat steel only
You can have a rear window bar to the speaker deck only can by 3” piece of flat steel or 2”X2” square tubing.
Radiator must be in stock location
Aftermarket radiators are ok
One electric fan only mounted to radiator.
No aftermarket core supports
Core support must be in factory location
Factory condenser or ¼’ mesh covering radiator only. Maximum width of 32”
HOODS and Trunk
Hoods can have one of the following: (6) 2” long pieces of 2” x 2” angle with a single 3/8 bolt or (6) 5/8” all thread through sheet metal only
Hoods must have 2 holes at least 5” in diameter on each side of carburator
Hoods must be open through inspection
Hoods may be secured by 2 pieces of all thread thru core support up to 1” in diameter max. All threads can not be sleeved.
You may use 4 pieces of al thread to secure the trunk lid. All thread can go thru rear frame or be welded to side of the frame if going thru the frame the washers may be no larger in 3” in diameter. No sleeving all threads and no nuts directly under trunk lid
Trunk lids MUST remain on hinges
Quarter panels must stay horizontal
You can use 4 pieces of #9 wire front trunk to rear bumper
Trunk can be welded down with 3” by ¼ thick strapping 6” on 6” off.
All cars must have a cage and roll over bar 4” pipe or up to 4”x6” square tubing
4 point cage is required and must be 5” inches from the fire wall, must have bar behind seat no more than 12” from driver seat.
Side bars can not go past wheel humps and can not be welded to the wheel humps and stop at front dash bar
Two down tubes to the top of the sheet metal only
Gas tank protectors are allowed to 24” wide and 3” from the speaker deck
No welding or plating frame on fresh cars, only welding is on pre ran car (see above for patch plates).
All factory frame holes must be open
You can shorten the front frame to aid in mounting bumper, do not shorten past core support
K members can be bolted with 1” all thread, NO WELDING. You will have to cut
You are allowed one of the following to mount bumpers:
10” bumper shock max 2” in diameter or
3/8” plate 10” long 3” tall on the outside of frame, must to attach to the bumper
Any bumper allowed, you are allowed 1 strap per side to aid in holding on bumper must have a 1” overlap on the bumper and can be 6” x3”x1/4”. Core support can not be welded to the bumper
No Kickers to the bumper
Maximum bumper height is 22” to the bottom with minimum bumper height being 14”
Engine and Transmission
Any 4 or 6 cylinder engine allowed.
ENGINE CRADLES ARE ALLOWED. IF RUNNING FULL CRADLES, YOU MUST USE FACTORY RUBBER MOUNTS ONLY. CRADLE MUST HAVE A 1” GAP OFF THE K-MEMBER.
Front wheel drive cars can weld motor mounts and replace the top mounts with 2 x2 square tube factory length. Must be in factory configuration and not to be used to strengthen car.
Transmission oil coolers and engine coolers are permitted. They must be secured and covered inside the car.
Slide shaft are permitted.
OEM cross member or 2” X 2” square tube. Factory style rubber transmission mount must be used.
Home made gas and brake pedals can be used.
Gas Tank and Fuel Pump
STOCK GAS TANK MUST BE REMOVED
Fuel tank must be in the rear seat area and secured with no rubber or chain straps. All tanks must have a secure gas cap. A marine tank or fuel cell is strongly recommended. All lines and fittings must be leak proof.
Electric fuel pumps are allowed
All fuel lines must run inside of the car and secured.
Steering and Suspension
Suspension must be original factory suspension for that car
Aftermarket tie rods are ok
Can not switch components. (strut cars must have struts)
You can not convert rear suspension from coil springs to leaf springs
Front struts can be welded solid, sleeved or aftermarket ones.
A-Arm cars get 4” total strap 2” wide ¼” thick to secure a-arms down per a arm.
Coil springs cars may not substitute pipe or tubing for spring
Any 5 lug automotive rear can be used
Only 5 springs can be used on leaf spring cars and must have 2” stagger
Front wheel drive cars, rear struts can be welded solid or sleeved but all trailing arms and rear axle assemblies must remain factory
No doubling trailing arms.
Any tire and wheel combo
If you do not pass tech, no REFUNDS
Mini Truck and Van Rules
Any American or foreign made mini pick up, mini van, compact SUV, midsize FWD type vehicles permitted
Pre Rans will get 2 per frame rail 4”X4”X1/4” Patch Plates
Any 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine, absolutely no V8 engines
If you have a cradle, the firewall must be cut out around the DP
Fuel tanks must be located in the bed of the trucks in the center of the bed directly behind cab. Fuel Cells must be securely fastened and covered. Mini Vans must be mounted inside in a safe manner between the 2nd row doors. All factory gas tanks must be removed.
Battery must be moved inside the cab and mounted in a safe manner.
All vehicles must have working seat belts
Doors, tailgates, and hatches must be secured by wire. Chain, or welded shut no loose doors. Weld 6 on 6 off.
Box and cab mounts may be replaced up to 5/8 bolts and body mount bolts can be removed. The bolts may go through frame and through floor board of the truck and mini van.
You can use ¾ bolts through the core support and through the hood.
No trailer hitches and reinforcements of fame or body is permitted.
May load any factory car bumper or use any home made bumper with no more than a 4” point over a 32” wide span. You can use the factory bumper shocks and brackets welded solid or use a 3” X 3” X 6” long box steel.
Hoods must be in place and must have a 12” x 12” hole cut in the hood over the carburator/engine
Hoods may be wired or bolted shut in 8 locations, if running your ¾ all thread through frame then you are only allowed 6 additional bolts or wire. Bolts can be 5/8” sheet metal to sheet metal if using wire in can be doubled stranded and can be wired to the bumper or frame.
Any tire and wheel combination
Slide shafts are acceptable
Beds can be welded to cab using a 6” strap directly behind doors
Front suspension can be solid with a 2 X 2 straps on the a arms or solid spacers on the strut/ welded strut. No homemade struts or aftermarket rack and pinion must use a factory rack and pinion. You can use aftermarket tie rods.
Must have a 4 point cage and can have two down tubes the top of the frame, a gas tank protector is highly recommended. If running cage through the bed it can not be any longer than 24” from the front of the bed and can not be welded to wheel humps.
Trucks must set level no pulling down rear of the truck. Do not bend or alter bed sides, must be vertical. You must use factory springs for make and model of truck. Only 5 lug rear ends.
Regarding rules contact Randy Moore at 870-278-6528.