Rained Out…we will reschedule. This date is TBD and will posted when set.
Gates Open at 12:00 pm and Derby Starts at 3:00 pm
All cars should be signed in and inspected before start time.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE DUE TO FAILURE TO MEET REGULATIONS!
Full Size Stock Rules
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE RULES ONLY CALL 217-690-3644
Payout will be
NOTE: We will run heats, be prepared with needed parts. Top 4 from the heats will go to the feature
80’s and newer only, car must be fresh for the fair derby
All cars must be stripped of all glass, plastic, interior except front seats, wagon decking, free of trash and swept clean. Factory gas tanks must be removed.
DO NOT Read anything into these rules, just read the rules, If it doesn’t say you can do something, you cant!!!
NO reinforcement allowed other than specified below, Any extra metal added to reinforce the car is illegal.
No painting, undercoating, or greasing the frames, or suspensions or you will not be inspected.
You must have at least 12” by 12” roof sign with car number on it
Anything can removed or cut away but nothing can be added.
Deck and hood must be in 100% stock location an open for inspection. Hood must have 2 6” holes on each side of the carb. After inspection you may tuck trunk with a single 90 degree bend.
HOODS- you may fasten with #9 wire double stranded max in 4 places only. You may also replace front 2 body mount bolts with two 3/4 “ all thread rods. DO NOT WELD anything. 3” diameter washers ¼” thick Max may be used.
***** You can have 4 inches or less spacer free floating (NO WELDING) between core support and frame**** THIS WILL BE MEASURED AND CHECKED
TRUNKS—you may fasten with #9 wire doubled stranded max in 4 places only. You can also replace 2 body mount bolts with 2 ¾” threaded rods. YOU CAN NOT ADD BODY MOUNT BOLTS OR WELD THE ALL THREAD ANYWHERE. 3” diameter washers ¼” thick Max.
DOORS- Driver and passenger doors must be padded. May be welded outside only. You may weld solid. You may use 4” x 1/8” straps on 4 door cars no welding back door rear seams, chain or wire only. No other bars on outside of doors.
TAILGATES- #9 wire doubled stranded in four places max. May not go to roof or frame.
BODY MOUNTS—Spacers to remain in stock and in place. DO NOT TOUCH BODY MOUNT BOLTS. Exception” you may replace a broken one with number nine wire only. Stock Body Pucks must be in place and all bottom nuts must be inside frame. Except the front and rear ¾” all thread that is mention above.
WINDSHIELDS—must have #9 wire, light chain, or bar from roof to dash (2 bars Max)
FRAMES—No Welding, except bumper install, rear of the frame can be notched one spot for each frame rail.
SUSPENSION—must remain stock. ZERO after market parts. You may use store bought spring risers only. No home made spring risers. No Spacers on top of springs. CARS MUST HAVE BOUNCE. NO WELDING
REAR CONTROL ARMS—may be changed out bust me stock. No Shortening. 100 percent stock. NO WELDING
REARENDS—Five lug only, no reinforcements or bracing. No pinion brakes. You may weld spider gears/spools. You weld stock OEM brackets on it. You may have a double strand #9 wire to hold the coil springs to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands of #9 wire as leaf spring clamps. You may run 1 spot of #9 wire doubled stranded from rear end to frame per side, nothing through body.
You may run a double strand #9 wire twisted together, behind the rear wheels from frame to frame. NO extra mounting component can be used to mount this. Just wrap around frame and twist. #9 wire only.
STEERING COLUMN—Any steering column can be used.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSIN COMBO—-NO CRADLE SWAPS- any engine or transmission may be used in the car, but must be mounted in stock position. On V-Block motor, front spark plugs must be even or in front of upper ball joints. For inline engines, number 2 spark plug must be even or in front of upper ball joint. Engine Cradles are allowed, NO PULLY PROTECTORS, ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION PROTECTORS ALLLOWED. You may have engine oil and trans pan protector, flat bottom side only. You can use factory trans cross member or a 2” by 2” box tubing. You may use a 2” x 2” x ¼” angle iron, welded only to inside frame rail to mount your cross member only. NO OTHER WELDING
ENGINE MOUNTS—you may weld a 4” 4” X ½” thick spacer to raise engine from steering components. Aftermarket market mounts are allowed, must be welded to the cradle and bolted to the engine. You can add two chains from motor to engine cross member only (one link can be welded to cross member). ENGINE CHAIN CAN NOT BE WELDED TO FRAME.
DRIVESHAFT—May be welded or use slide shaft
GAGE AND HALO—You must have a 4 point cage. Two cross bars, one in dash area, and one behind drives seat that must be more than 10” from back of drivers seat. Two door bars and they cannot go past dash bar or more than 18” behind drivers seat. If you side bars are more than 18” past drivers seat, you will cut or not run. Halo bar is allowed must be in line with the seat bar. CAGE OR HALO BAR CAN NOT CONTACT THE FLOOR.
GAS TANK— Must be relocated in side of car. Gas tank mount may be welded to back bar but must be 8 inches from the rear sheet metal (package tray) must be mounted 10” off floor.
BATTERY– must be moved to passenger front floor, secured and covered only 2 batteries are allowed
TRANS COOLER—are allowed and mounted in the back seat area and must not strengthen car.
BUMPERS—must OEM STOCK TYPE you may swap. You can load the inside of the bumper and weld skin down. NO AFTERMARKET BUMPERS.
1. You may weld front and rear bumpers straight to frame/hard nose, you can shorten the frame on the front only, however you must have 3” in front of the body mount, this is the body mount that you run your all thread through (can not relocate this front body mount bolt).
2. You may weld bumper bracket (in factory location) for frame 4” from the back bumper. YOU CAN NOT ADD METAL.
3. You may use 2 pieces of chain per side to mount bumper, you can bolt these chains or weld 1 link to bumper or frame. This is to hold the bumper on only, no reinforcing.
ANY SHIFTER OR GAS PEDAL OR BRAKE PEDAL *** CAN NOT REINFORCE CAR***
RADIATORS—any Radiator can be used, can not have protector or expanded metal to cover the front of the radiator. Must use stock A/C condenser to cover front of radiator if you want it covered
YOU CAN NOT BOLT THE FENDERS, HOOD OR TRUCK CUT OUTS.
AFTER THE HEAT, YOU CAN USE UNLIMITED WIRE
TIRES AND WHEELS—forklift and skidder tires are allowed, liquid tires are allowed. Studs and screws in rims to hold the tires are allowed. You can use any rim
NO sedagons, YOU can NOT do any crease enhancements to the frame or body, except one single crease top rear quarter panel. The trunk, floor pan and speaker deck must remain in stock location. After inspection, trunk lid may have one 90 degree bend down at ½ way down.
Only welding allowed are doors, bumpers, engine mounts, cage and gears DO NOT WELD CORE SUPPORT, FENDERS, REAR QUARTERS, FRAMES.
NO HITTING OF DRIVERS DOOR.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE RULES. CALL 217-690-3644 BETWEEN 7 AM TO 5 PM.
COMPACT RULES AND PAY OUT
$100 QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE RULES CALL CHARLIE DEPEW
- Must be powered by four or six cylinder engine
2. Wheelbase must be 108 inches or less. NO EXCEPTIONS!
A. NO moving/bending a stock or aftermarket component to shorten wheel base.
3. No four-wheel drive vehicles.
4. MANDATORY! All four/six cylinder cars must have a cage. Four point minimum.
5. Stock gas tank MUST be removed. A METAL BOAT TANK OR HOMEMADE METAL TANK must be mounted in rear seat area and bolted down with metal straps. NO PLASTIC TANKS!!!
A. Battery and gas tank must be tight when coming through inspection line or you wont be inspected.
6. All lines under car must be steel lines or if running rubber lines they must be inside of the car.
7. If OEM bumper had no bolts bumper homemade bumper brackets may go six (6) inches from back side of bumper.
8. No pipe over struts.
9. No kickers
10. No aftermarket or homemade extreme cradle/pullet protectorALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
1. Cars previously run in Demolition Derby may install new front clip. Any clip may be used on any car, MUST be installed in stock manner. Officials MUST approve installation.
2. All glass, side windows, rear windows, headlights and taillights, must be removed before reaching racetrack. Rolling down windows is not permitted. . Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons. Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris
3. Rear seat of sedan must be removed, top and bottom. On station wagons all seats and decking must be removed. Station wagons must be emptied to floorboards. All cars must be swept clean, both drivers compartment and trunk. No spare tires, broken glass, or trash, etc., allowed in cars.
4. Cars must have a seatbelt and working brakes. MANDATORY!!
5. You can carry a fire extinguisher, but it must be mounted securely and free of movement.
6. Battery may be moved, but must be securely fastened and covered in passenger compartment. MAXIMUM OF TWO AUTOMOBILE TYPE BATTERIES ALLOWED. Battery and gas tank must be tight when coming through inspection line or you wont be inspected.
7. Any type automotive radiator may be used but must be mounted in stock position. NO RESERVE TANKS. A radiator cradle is allowed made of 1/8” metal 1” wider than the radiator. Bolted only to car and nothing in front of the radiator. AFTERMARKET OR HOME MADE RADIATOR CRADLE.
A. Front rad. screen max. Thickest 3/8” thick, bolted or 4 1” welds.
8. Fenders may be bolted together with 3/8 inch bolts or smaller with 3/8 inch or smaller washers only. A maximum of 10 bolts per fender.
9. All doors may be welded (Outside of body only), chained or wired. Straps cannot be larger than ¼” thick and 4 inches wide on door shell (vertical) and 2 inches wide on window frame. You may beat top of doors down and may tack them in three places with a maximum of 1” weld each.
10. No doubling of body panels allowed, no added metal allowed.
11. Patching floorboards, if you have to patch rusty floorboards you must cut out all the rust, overlap no more than 1” with same thickness as body material and sheet metal screws – no more than one every 4”. No Welding to floorboards or firewall.
12. You may crease/enhance sheet metal body panels but do not fold and weld. No extra metal may be added.
13. NO OTHER BODY WELDS OTHER THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE. THIS INCLUDES BODY SEAMS ANYWHERE ON THE CAR.
14. ALL SUNROOFS MUST BE COVERED WITH A THIN SHEET OF METAL, I.E. WELED OR BOLTED (WITH BOLT HEAD INSIDE THE CAR) OR RIVETED. No #9 wire or chain to accomplish this will be allowed.HOODS AND TRUNKS
MUST BE OPEN AT INSPECTION! So don’t come to inspection line with hood bolted down….
1. Hoods: must have two (2) holes, at least four (4) inches in diameter on each side of carburetor – Not directly on top of carburetor. IF HOOD IS REMOVED, EITHER FAN BLADE MUST BE REMOVED OR FAN BELT MUST BE CUT.
2. NO SECOND ALL THREAD WELDED TO SIDE OF THE FRAME AND RAN THROUGH THE AT MID POINT OF THE HOOD.
3. On all cars, hoods, trunks, and tailgates may be secured with the following method: on front of car, two pieces of 1 inch all thread, NO SLEEVING, Can have a 4” or less spacer free floating between core support and frame, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, all threads MUST be mounted outboard of the radiator. In addition to all threads, six (6) 1 inch O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, or you may use angle iron back to back with a bolt through it. Angle iron cannot be more than 3/16 thick or longer than 6 inches. Three on each side of car, a total of six. Total of 6 bolts and 2 up front all threads holding the hood down and any amount of wire or cable. All wire, or cable MUST be mounted outboard of radiator. A maximum of 20 bolts 3/8 inch or smaller are allowed to bolt together hood seams.
TRUNK 4 pieces of 5/8 inch all thread, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, all threads may be mounted through deck lid and frame anywhere in trunk, can be welded to the frame or in body mount holes. In addition to all threads, you may weld trunk 5 on 5 off, Straps should not be larger than ¼” thick or 4 inches wide or six (6) 1 inch O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, or 10 3/8” bolts in the drip rail, not both one or the other and any amount of wire or cable. If trunk is welded must have a 12” hole in trunk lid. On station wagons two pieces of 1 inch all thread, with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, all threads may be used in the rear through roof and stock body mount replacing existing bolt.
TAILGATE weld 5 on 5 off, Straps should not be larger than ¼” thick or 4 inches wide or six (6) 1-inches O.D. bolts with a washer no larger than six (6) inches O.D. and 3/8 inch thick, and any amount of wire or cable. YOU CAN WELD WASHERS (no bigger than 5/8 washer and must be at least 12” apart) TO THE BODY TO RUN WIRE THROUGH.
A. No carburetor protector outside the intake area or DP.
B. You may have rear window bar 2”X2”X1/4” MAX. IN SIZE, 6” max. on roof 4”X4”X1/4” FLAT PLATE TO ATTACH TO THIS BAR TOP AND BOTTOM and must be centered on front side drip rail on trunk no further back or forward (2” on each side). Weld to the strapping on your trunk. There must be 6” minimum distance (gap) from the top of this bar on the roof and halo bar…. This is the only location allowed for this bar.
1. All body mount bolts may be replaced with 1/2 inch O.D. bolts with a stamped washer. Do not take them out and place body on frame. If replaced, a gap of 1” minimum is mandatory between body and frame. You may replace with a stack of washers, or one piece of anything solid, as long as it is about the same diameter as the factory bushing. Do NOT crush factory body bushings. Body mount bolts inside passenger compartment that are close together may have one washer six (6) inches x twelve (12) inches, must have two (2) or more body mount bolts through washer. You may add two (2) additional body mount bolts per side inside passenger compartment. All all-threads MUST have nut on top and bottom and NO welds.
4. A minimum of one chain or wire running from the outside (top) of roof down to the cowl or BAR DOWN TO DASH BAR OF CAGE on the front window is MANDATORY for safety. Maximum of two. IF YOU HAVE A PASSENGER MUST HAVE 2. IF USING METAL STRAPS MAX. SIZE 2” WIDE X ¼” THICK, 12” ID APART. CAN GO TO FRONT DASH BAR OR COWL THEN TO TOP LIP AREA OF WINDSHIELD ONLY.
CAGE AND HALO BARS
1. All driver and passenger doors may be reinforced. You should have a six (6)-point cage, MININMUM OF A 4PT. CAGE. cross bars may be ran as follows, one across dash, one behind front seats, and one in rear seat area ( 3rd bar must be at 10” off the floor, measured from bottom rear seat area) 3rd bar must stay inside of interior of rear drivers compartment nothing past package tray. Nothing can be added to the top or bottom of this bar.
2. You can run four (4) down tubes, two (2) per side. 2 of these down tubes must mounted mandatory in the following way on each side, 1 down tube must be to flat part of the frame no further forward then the inner front door seam, with a max distance of 2’ from the same measuring point. Lower door bars are allowed between down tubes must be 6 inches or more above top of frame. NOTHING OUT OF DRIVERS’ COMPARTMENT. You can have steel plate between cage and front doors. Must be securely fastened to cage. Front bar must be mounted no more than 2” below the bottom of the front window seal and be no more than 4” in diameter. Must have 6” between front bar and center of firewall on a fresh car. Front bar cannot be attached to firewall at any time. ALL DOWN TUBES MUST BE BEHIND DASH BAR, STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN AND ON FLAT PART OF FRAME. CAN NOT GO TO BODY MOUNT BOXES. NO KICKERS TO REAR HUMPS. NOTHING OUT OF REAR DRIVERS COMPARTMENT. You cannot weld anything to front bar protruding toward the distributor protector. No grater blades, metal plates or tubing on exterior of body (driver & passenger doors).
3. DP can’t touch dash bar during or at the end of the derby or you will be disqualified.
4. Halo bars are allowed. Can be attached to bar behind your seat or could be run to the frame but it would be counted as one of your down tubes. There must be 6” minimum distance (gap) from halo bar and the top of your rear window bar….
5. This is not mandatory but we encourage everyone to put a steel plate between cage and front driver and passenger doors. Thickness of metal is up to driver. Must be securely attached to cage, must be 2” off of floor, this is for protection not reinforcement.
1. DO NOT REWELD ENGINE CROSS MEMBER SEAMS OR ANY OTHER BRACKETS ATTACHED TO FRAME OR SHEET METAL under hood or trunk. NO CONCRETE!!! DO NOT WELD FACTORY HOLES UP; ALL FACTORY HOLES MUST BE OPEN FOR INSPECTION OF FRAME.
2. You cannot alter frame in any way other than specified in rules. Do not crease or reshape frame.
3. You may run one (1) wire or chain from frame rail to frame rail underneath back of car behind back tires/wheels.
4. You may put a bolt with a stamped flat washer thru frame to hold it together. Only one (1) per wheel opening must be loose during inspection. DO NOT weld washer. (Pinning of frame)
5. You may notch the frame for minimal pre-bending, but do NOT weld the cut.
6. If changing front stub, cut 3 inches behind second cross member bolt hole. When replacing, can overlap 2 ½”, able to weld both sides, but no adding extra metal. Must be of the same make and model.
7. If restubbing one side of the frame, you are allowed to cut and fit the new frame flush and weld one pass all the way around (butt – fit – weld). Must be of the same make and model.
8. All trailer hitches MUST be totally removed.
9.2018 THIS INCLUDES MINI’S: If running a used car prior to this derby, you are allowed 2 patch plates max. Size 4”x4”x1/4”. Must be painted a bright color. So it is easily noticed for the inspectors. AFTER INSPECTION OR HEATS NO WELDING THESE PLATES ON. IF ADDITIONAL PLATES ARE FOUND AFTER INSPECTION – NO MONEY WILL PAID OUT
10. No plates on fresh cars to fix/patch rust holes, unless it’s a preran/used car then follow patch plate rule.
1. Any OEM shock canister may be bolted or welded to any car. AMOUNTS OF BOLTS OR WELDS MAY NOT EXCEED TYPICAL STOCK INSTALLATION. Homemade bumper brackets are permitted, NO GUSSETS OR BRACING. NOT TO EXTEND BEHIND OEM MOUNTING BOLT LOCATION ON FRAME. May use 2½” max. Round or square tubing. No thicker than ¼ inch. No solid stock may be used. This can only extend into the frame a max. of 8”. Will be drilled at 8 ¼” measured from the front edge of the frame on every car. Any OEM stock automobile bumper may be bolted or welded to the shock canister or bumper brackets. You may use two (2) pieces of light chain per shock. Fenders and bumper ends may be trimmed to allow for wheel clearance.
2. Front bumper may be reinforced inside or behind and end to end. Must have chrome on the outer part of the bumper from any OEM bumper shaped to fit. You may weld outer chrome of bumper to inner skin of bumper. Nothing else can be welded to outer chrome. You cannot alter angle of bumper. Anything coming out of bumper during race will be cause for disqualification. 11” of point and must contour from frame to frame and must be stock appearing on pointy bumpers.
3. You may have 6″ long 4″ wide 1/4″ thick bumper support bracket, butt fit against bumper or 2″ onto bumper. If you’re running a preran and choice to put your extra. 4 by 4 1/4″ plate up front there must be at least a 1/8″ gap between the 2 plates. Any questions please call.
1. Stiffness of suspension will be left up to the discretion of the driver. NO OTHER METAL ADDED!
2. Homemade tie rods and homemade steering shaft are permitted.
3. No pipe over struts
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. ANY ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION MAY BE USED IN ANY FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR, BUT MUST BE MOUNTED IN A STOCK POSITION.
2. Chained, welded, or homemade motor mounts will be permitted, but must meet approval of officials.
3. At motor mount to sub-frame your allowed 2 per side of motor mount a 2”x3”x1/4” plate on its side welded to frame and engine cradle
4. Any type of header is allowed, but must be directed away from driver compartment.
5. Transmission oil coolers and engines oil coolers are permitted. Inspection personnel must approve all mountings, lines, and fittings.
6. Skid plates are allowed. Must be separate oil/transmission plates. No full-length skid plates. No bolting or welding to frame.
7. Distributor protectors are allowed. Cannot be any wider than 12” and must not protrude more than 2” from transmission mounting surface on back of engine block. Must be attached to engine or transmission mounting bolts.
8. No aftermarket or homemade extreme cradle/pullet protector
9. No carburetor protector outside the intake area or DP.
10. You may beat flat the engine side of the firewall only, do not weld or bolt firewall. Do not re-enforce the firewall/cowl. Do not beat, paint, bolt, weld on, weld to or modify the driver’s side of the firewall/cowl in any way.
11. Transmission protectors are allowed. MUST FLOAT OVER CROSSMEMBER
12. Must have stock/OEM cross member
Battery and gas tank must be tight when coming through inspection line or you won’t be inspected.
1. Stock gas tank MUST be removed. A METAL BOAT TANK OR HOMEMADE METAL TANK must be mounted in rear seat area and bolted down with metal straps. Other types of installations will not be allowed. NO GAS CANS with hoses duct taped. A Marine (boat) tank or an official approved homemade tank is mandatory. All tanks MUST be covered with a rubber cover. All tanks MUST have secure cap. All lines and fittings MUST be leak proof and meet approval of Officials. Electric fuel pumps are permitted but MUST have shut-off within reach of driver. NO MORE THAN ten (10) GALLONS OF GAS IN TANK.
2. NO PLASTIC TANKS, unless in a wooden box 1” thick minimum or a metal box ¼” minimum. All sides except top side. This also goes for if your using a metal boat tank.
3. Mounted in center of the back side area.
FOR THE MINI-CAR DERBY CLASS, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MOVE THE STOCK GAS TANK INTO THE BACK SEAT AREA.
1. . Any automobile rear end can be used in any car. You cannot transform a coil spring to leaf spring or vice versa. On models originally equipped with leaf springs, stock leaf springs and hangers MUST be used. Leaf packs on all cars may have no more than 8 leaves per pack Must be OEM stock. Homemade spring perches or homemade trailing arm brackets may be welded to rear end. Rear end spider gears may be welded solid. You may tilt rear end by shortening or lengthening rear end control arms. Trailing arms may be reinforced. Rear end housing may be reinforced. No dually wheels allowed..
2. Any drive shaft or U joint may be used. Welding of drive shaft is permitted.
3. No extra metal added. Any bracket that shows reinforcement to the frame will not be allowed. JUDGES HAVE FINAL DECISION.
1. Only sixteen (16) inch or smaller tires and wheels will be allowed. NO SPLIT RIMS ALLOWED.
2. Valve stem protectors, liquid in tires permitted or screws in rims to hold tires in place permitted.
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Mini Van, Small SUVS and Small Trucks
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Will be using the same rules as 2018 IL Cumberland County Fair. Questions, regarding rules contact Charlie. 618-322-8105