Printable Version HERE
2014 New Tire Rule:
Modified, Sportmod, and Purestock must run A and H tires. Since this was not specified earlier, no one will be disqualified for not having them on the first night. After the first race…everyone must follow this rule.
1. 1964 or newer stock OEM perimeter American rear-wheel passenger car frame only. No sports car frame. No convertibles or station wagons. No stub cars
2. Frame must be full and complete, cannot be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support roll cage on both sides: exceptions are weight jack in original line of spring tower, frame may be cut a max. 36in forward from center of rear end housing, horns may be removed in front of steering box and notched maximum one inch at bottom for tie rod clearance, front cross member may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance, maximum seven inch wide opening in side of spring tower for spring removal.
3. All cars must have box-type roll cage of at least 1.5″ O.D. tubing .095 minimum thickness, all cars must be equipped with a minimum of three protective bars inside each door. Halo loop MUST be a SINGLE bar.
4. Must have loop to protect fuel cell.
5. Minimum wheelbase 108″ maximum 112″ both sides.
6. No part of frame can be lower than four inches from ground except front cross member
7. Floorboard must be steel or 16 gauge aluminum
8. Driver’s windshield opening must have a minimum of 3 upright bars of 3/8″ gauge steel rod welded to roll cage in front of driver 6″ apart. Windshield opening covered by wire mesh is strongly recommended. Door window openings must be a minimum of 12″
9. Bumpers: must not be wider than outside of the frame, must run modified style bumper, all bumpers must be securely bolted or welded. All bumpers & nerf bar ends must be capped, door nerf bars 1.25″ max tubing.
1. Two options: aftermarket three link design or multi leaf spring design. All components must be steel, all mounts and brackets must be welded or bolted solid
A. Three link design requirements: no swing arms, pull bar must be mounted within 6″ of center of housing. May mount rear spring directly over housing or use coil-over eliminators (sliders). Lower spring perch or coilover mount must be welded or bolted solid to rear end housing. Birdcages must be locked.
B. Multi-leaf spring design requirements: lead spring must use steel multi leaf springs with no additional suspension components besides one shock per wheel. Adjustable lowering blocks allowed. No coil springs can be used with lead springs.
2. Stock unaltered lower control arms in stock location-may be switched per make. Must be Chevy-Chevy Ford-Ford. Monoballs allowed. Only modifications are to allow screw in lower ball joints and alter so lower control arm doesn’t hit hub.
3. Five-lug stock spindles, no fabricated spindles
4. Weight jacks may be used; screw type only, cannot be adjusted from driver’s compartment
5. Any upper pull bar allowed, must be mounted from rear end forward and must be steel.
6. Any panhard bar allowed
7. 72″ from center of rear end housing to the back of the block
8. Tubular upper “A” frames allowed. Swedge tubes are allowed. Can run heims on uppers.
1. 360 c.i. max, factory OEM blocks only, can mix match frames and motors
2. NO 400 c.i. blocks
3. Heads: aftermarket or stock steel heads allowed, no aluminum heads, must be stock valve angle Chevy 23* Ford 22*
4. 12.5 to 1 max compression
5. Intakes: aluminum one-piece sand-cast intakes allowed.
6. Rocker arms: 1.5 Chevy or 1.6 Ford ratio rockers. No shaft rockers. Stud girdles allowed
7. Any distributor allowed. No mag or crank trigger. MSD allowed
8. Stock journal size. 3.48 stroke Chevy
9. Any steel oil pan allowed. No dry sumps. Inspection plug recommended in oil pan. No inspection plug and you may be required to remove the oil pan.
10. Oil coolers allowed
11. No serpentine belt systems allowed. Cog belts allowed for fuel pump only
12. 602 Chevy crate engine allowed. Motors and carburetors can be claimed, traded, and/or teched at anytime by promoter and/or rules committee. Crate motor must use holly 4 barrell carb, 80541-1. Factory hei distributor, no msd distributor. Must use msd soft touch rev limitor 547-8728. 6200 rpm chip rule. Motor must be sealed by UMP guidelines.
13. No roller cams
Fuel and Carb
1. Holley 500 cfm 2-barrel #4412 only, no 4-barrels. No modifications. Must pass gauge inspection. Removal of the choke assembly and air horn only. No other alterations allowed.
2. Air cleaner max height from air horn base 5″
3. 2″ max carb spacer, 1 spacer only
4. Racing gas or pump gas only. No alcohol, e85, nitrous oxide, propoline oxide, nitro methane, or additives
5. Fuel cell required. Must be contained in an approved container. Fuel cell no to be mounted lower than center of rear axle, with minimum two straps 1/8″ x 2″.
6. Electric fuel pump allowed only when block is not machined for mechanical pump. Mandatory oil pressure control and a manual fuel shut off to be within driver and safetyman’s reach.
Clutch and Transmissions
1. Transmission must have 2 forward gears and a working reverse. Must have functional clutch. No in and out boxes
2. Bert type transmission allowed
3. Starter must be in stock location
4. Blow-proof bell housings required. Automatic transmissions must run explosion-proof blanket or ¼” steel scatter shield over converter
5. All cars are required to have a drive shaft loop 12″ from end of transmission
6. All drive shafts are to be painted white. No aluminum or carbon fiber drive shafts allowed
1. Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck non cambered rear end allowed. Must be centered in chassis
2. All components must be steel. Except lowering blocks, axle cap, and drive flange
3. Safety hubs (floater) allowed
4. No quick change devices
5. Inspection hole in housing required
6. Center section and yoke cannot be lightened. Full spools and mini spools only (no type of lockers allowed)
7. Solid steel axles and one piece drive flanges only
Wheels and Tires
1. Maximum 8″ wide wheels. Wheel covers and bead locks are optional on right side only. No outside covers on left side.
2. Must be EMOD 26.5 or 27.5 A or 27.5 H
3. 9/16″ or 5/8″ wheel studs must be used on right side
4. Tires may be grooved or siped.
Shocks and springs
1. Minimum 4.5″ springs only. Progressive springs only allowed on traction device.
2. One Shock and spring per wheel. May have one dampening shock and traction spring.
3. Steel racing shocks only, one shock per wheel, must be non-adjustable and non-Schrader valve shocks. Only the PROMOTER has the option to claim shocks for $100 each.
1. Sportmod weight 2550lbs Min 2850lbs Max
2. Lead must be painted white and mounted with a minimum of 2- ½ bolts. Lead may not be inside the driver compartment or outside the body.
1. Minimum three-wheel brakes. Brake adjusters are allowed inside the car. Dual master cylinders allowed
2. Aluminum brake calipers not allowed.
1. Mufflers are mandatory. No zoomies. May exit left side but noise level must be below decibel limits.
2. No tri-y or stainless steel headers
1. Nose no wider than the frame horns
2. Roof optional
3. Maximum 8″ spoiler
4. No sideboards, sails must attach to roof and must be same height as the spoiler at spoiler. Both sails must be same.
5. There must be an 18″ number on each door and the roof. All numbers and letters must be easily visible and readable by the track officials. In the situation of duplicate numbers the track officials may assign a letter to you. It is your responsibility to add this letter to your car on the roof, driver’s side and passenger side; failure to do so will cause you to be scored last for your event.
1. One OEM style battery allowed. 14″ x 8″ maximum. No 16v batteries. Must be mounted with a 3/8″ rod and be mounted behind fire shield and out of driver’s compartment
2. A switch to disable all power to car must be installed behind driver within reach of safetyman at shoulder height and must be clearly marked on/off.
1. All cars must have sturdy seat belts and safety harness, three-inch belts required. Must be 5 yrs or newer and date tag must be visible.
2. Five-point safety belts and flame resistant racing suit required.
3. Gloves recommended
4. All drivers must have an approved racing helmet
5. Window net Recommended
6. Head and Neck restraint systems highly recommended
Note: Sportsman cars are no longer grandfathered in.
If it doesn’t say you can do it, it is not legal. Rules may be amended or changed as necessary throughout the season! It is the responsibility of all participants to know the rules.
Situations not covered in any of these rules will be handled at the discretion of the track officials as they arise. Decisions of the track officals are FINAL!!!